What is compounding?
Compounding is the practice of preparing customized medications to meet specific patient needs. With a prescription from your doctor, our specially trained compounding pharmacists can change dosage strength, adjust dosage form to a more comfortable application or combine medication to achieve better results.
What is a compounded medication?
Compounding is an important component of a persons health by creating a personalized medicine tailored to that persons needs. That may include a child who cant easily take oral pills, someone with a gluten allergy or a person that needs a drug thats in short supply. Mass-produced medications have their limitations, and its the job of Pharmacas compounding pharmacy to make sure we find a solution to those limitations.
Consider visiting our compounding pharmacy if you:
- Need gluten-free medications or pills, or have allergies to common mass-produced medicine fillers (casein, gluten, dyes, etc.)
- Arent taking medication as prescribed due to unpleasant side effects or lack of improvement
- Need custom medicine strengths and dosage forms (like creams or suppositories)
What types of prescriptions can be compounded?
New technology and innovative techniques have expanded the compounding possibilities. Some of the most commonly prescribed compounds include:
- , including plant-based hormones in a variety of dosage forms
- medications like muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories, which can be prepared topically to target pain at the site, without common side effects
- to address esthetic and therapeutic concerns
- Adrenal dysfunction and thyroid support
All non-sterile dosage forms are available, including creams, ointments, solutions, syrups, capsules, suppositories and troches.
Who are compound prescriptions beneficial for?
Compounded medications are ideal for a variety of people. Those with sensitivities to specific ingredients in their medications can benefit greatly from compound prescriptions. Gluten-free drugs can be created through compounding, as well as prescriptions free of dyes.
If youre looking for a compounded prescription,