Have questions about how to get a compounded prescription filled? Learn more below.
- How to fill compound prescriptions
- How can I pay for my prescription?
- How long will it take to get my prescription?
- What are my shipping options?
- Can I use insurance?
- What do I do if I have an issue with my prescription?
- Can I return my prescription?
- What do I do if I am out of refills?
- Where does Pharmaca ship compounded prescriptions?”>
- I have more questions and want to contact you.
How do I get a compound prescription filled?
You may drop off your compound prescription at your local Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy or have your doctor call it in. Many of our compound prescriptions are filled at our state-of-the-art facility staffed by specially trained compounding experts. You can expect to receive a phone call within 24 hours from the team there to review your prescription. You can then choose to have your prescription mailed to your Pharmaca store location or directly to your home.
How do I pay for my prescription?
You will receive a phone call from the Compounding Team requesting payment information for your prescription.
How long will it take for me to get my prescription?
Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us and so is the quality of your compounded medications.
Shipping time will depend on the prescription itself and the delivery option you choose, all of which can be reviewed during the initial phone call. Most prescriptions are processed and shipped within 72 hours.
What are the shipping options for my prescription?
- Pick up at your local Pharmaca – Free
- USPS 1st Class Mail to your home – Patient pays postage fees (Note that not all prescriptions can be sent via USPS)
- FedEx 2nd Day or Standard Overnight – Additional charges apply
- Certain compounds may require expedited shipping. We will discuss options when we contact you.
Can I use insurance to pay for my compounded prescription?
Most insurance plans do not cover compounded prescriptions, but we are happy to work with you to help determine coverage. If possible, Pharmaca will bill your insurance directly, though some insurance plans require patients to pay in advance and request reimbursement.
What types of compound prescriptions does Pharmaca fill?
We fill almost all non-sterile compounds, including:
- Hormone therapy for women and men, including bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (bHRT)
- Topical anesthetics and medications for pain management
- Dermatological compound
- Adrenal dysfunction and thyroid support
- Veterinary care
What do I do if I have an issue with my prescription?
Please contact the Compounding Team directly by calling the number that appears on your compounded prescription label.
Can I return my prescription?
Federal regulations prohibit the return of any prescriptions that have been dispensed.
What do I do if I am out of refills?
If you are out of refills, please call the Pharmaca phone number that appears on your compounded prescription label (note that this may be a different phone number than other prescriptions you have filled at Pharmaca). We will then fax your prescriber a refill authorization request.
Where does Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy ship compounded prescriptions?
We are currently licensed in and can ship to California, Colorado, Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon and Washington.
What if I have more questions about my compounded prescriptions?
Feel free to call us at 855.465.8893, or fax us at 833.763.3931.