In WA and CO only, Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine Booster shots are now available to select individuals who received the vaccine six months after their second dose in the series. Those eligible include patients ages 65+ and those ages 18 to 64 with underlying health conditions or at high risk for occupational or institutional exposure.
See CDC guidelines if you meet eligibility requirements.
UNTIL IT’S YOUR TURN, REMEMBER
Wear a mask
Wash your hands
Watch your distance
COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs
When will Pharmaca receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
All Pharmaca locations have COVID-19 vaccines available. Click here to schedule an appointment at your local Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy.
No. As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, patients do not have to pay for the vaccine, regardless of their health insurance status.
Pharmaca will administer the Moderna, Pfizer, and Janssen vaccine as they are made available to our locations. Vaccine availability and manufacturer may vary at each location.
No but appointments are encouraged, we still want to ensure everyone at our stores practices safe social distancing. You can schedule your appointment online and receive a free $5 cash coupon.
Yes, walk-ins are welcomed at all locations. We do not currently offer a waitlist.
Pfizer and Moderna require 2 doses.
Pfizer - 21 days apart
Moderna - 28 days apart
Janssen requires only 1 dose
Booster doses may be recommended, consult with your healthcare provider.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised individuals receive an additional dose.
This includes individuals who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medication to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two (2) years or are taking medication to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
If you meet the above criteria, it is recommended that you get a 3rd dose of an mRNA (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) vaccine at least 28 days after your 2nd dose of vaccine.
When possible, you should receive the same vaccine.
CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
CDC does not currently recommend additional doses for the J&J/Janssen vaccine.
The COVID-19 vaccine exposes your body to an antigen that creates an immune response that will block or kill the virus if you become infected. This is how all vaccines are designed to work.
For some vaccines, it takes many years for development and approval, but the COVID-19 vaccine had a unique set of circumstances that allowed for speedier development.
- We were able to rely on data from the SARS-CoV-1 and MERS CoV vaccines, which made the initial development stage much faster.
- The U.S. government gave pharmaceutical companies an emergency authority to begin the manufacturing process simultaneously with the clinical trial.
- Manufacturing is usually scaled substantially after trials have concluded, but Operation Warp Speed has enabled manufacturers to de-risk and build manufacturing alongside clinical trials.
- Given the urgency of this pandemic, more participants were willing to partake in the clinical trials, which helped prove efficacy more quickly.
- Cutting-edge manufacturing technologies allowed pharmaceutical companies to quickly produce a supply of vaccines.
We will only administer vaccines approved by the FDA or approved for emergency use. Pharmaca’s trained team of pharmacists will store, handle and administer the vaccine in adherence to official CDC guidance.
Everyone 18 years of age and older is eligible to receive a free Moderna or Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine. Minors 12 years of age and older are eligible to receive a free Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the time of their appointment.
Please stay safe and healthy. We look forward to serving you. Need to know where the closest one of our locations is because you’re wondering “Where is a COVID 19 vaccine near me?” Please visit our store locator to find the nearest Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy to you, today!